Sunday, October 9, 2011

Read-A-Thon continued....

I have been so busy this weekend! Anyway right after I got done reading Lockdown I started Arcana Imperii Origins by Ben Hamby! I pick this book up at the Austin Teen Book Festival by a vendor who was self publishing. A sercret obession I have is Gargoles! I off handedly asked the author/vendor if he had any gargoles in his novel. He looked at me shocked and asked how on earth did I know?! Lol so I finished this last night and I really like it!
Here's what the back of the book says: In a Victorian world of steam powered machines, where airships drift through smoke filled skies, monsters are real. Not just the deadly creature who so famously walked through Whitechapel, but the genuine article. Vampires roam the sooty streets of London. Werewolves wander the countryside. Beautiful maidens lure the lonely to watery graves, while medical miracles like reanimation and the division of good from evil are within mankind's grasp. But this age of dark enlightenment has its protectors. Vampire. Werewolf. Killer. Reanimator. Innocence and Evil. Demon. The Arcana Imperii- the Secret of the Empire. Because sometimes, it takes a monster to kill one. I really enjoyed this book! I loved the historical references to Jack the Ripper and Resputin! This book is very creative and entertaining! I highly recommend it! Plus it's perfect for reading for Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment